Publications are one step along the learning path of COHRED’s work with countries. This includes activities such as technical support, think tanks, consultations and other interactions with partners – all aiming at strengthening national health research systems.
COHRED’s work is published in a variety of ways – ranging from reports to policy syntheses, peer reviewed papers, manuals and learning materials.
- (New) Research Ethics Training Workshop – Building Research Ethics Review Capacity in Swaziland
- (New) Fair Research Contracting guidance booklet
- Pacific Island publications in the reproductive health literature 2000-2011: With New Zealand as a reference. Australia and New Zealand Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology. 2013.
- Current status and future prospects of epidemiology and public health training and research in the WHO African region. Int. Journal of Epidemiology. 2012.
- Mapping African ethical review committee activity onto capacity needs: the MARC initiative and HRWeb’s interactive database of RECs in Africa. Developing World Bioethics. 2012.
- Forum 2012 Report on ‘Beyond Aid: Research and Innovation as key drivers for Health, Equity and Development‘.
- Building & strengthening national health research systems
This manual is designed to support the efforts of forward-looking health research leaders in low- and middle-income countries – directors of research, senior managers, medical school deans, and leaders of major health research programmes, and those in similar roles.
- Joint publications
Publications produced by COHRED in collaboration with other organisations
- Informal reports
Papers by COHRED and partners posted for information and comment
- Policy and Synthesis
- Alignment and Harmonization
AHA study on alignment and harmonization of health research
- Strengthening Pharmaceutical Innovation in Africa
COHRED-NEPAD study on pharmaceutical innovation in Africa – report and executive summary.
- Working Papers
Working papers frame new thinking and approaches to building health research systems in developing countries. These are the result of COHRED work with country partners. They are subject to formal external peer review.
- Record Papers
COHRED Record Papers document the work of COHRED initiatives and work with partners and are prepared for rapid dissemination of information, of potential interest to others working in research for health.
- Global Forum for Health Research (GFHR) Publications 1999 – 2008
GFHR publications document the work of the GFHR leading up to its merger with the COHRED. The publications highlight the proceedings and outcomes from the previous Global Forums and they also portray initiatives and work with various partners. They are also made available here for the potential interest to others working in research for health.