An Analysis of Uganda’s Capacity for Essential National Health Research
Topic: May 1998
Author(s): Griet Onsea
Co author(s): William Bazeyo, Paul Ekwaru, Sam Luboga, Stella Neema, Vic Neufeld, David Okello, Raphael Owor
Organization: Uganda National Health Research Organisation
Description: The research and development strategy has been developed by and for those organisations who can develop research and development (R&D) for public health. They are the main funders of R&D for public health – government departments and research councils – together with other public bodies whose work is central to public health. Considered in the strategy are:
* users of research and their needs, particularly in relation to the current evidence base
* mechanisms for identifying the need for research, and how to prioritise what research is commissioned
* the capacity of researchers and the methodology for the type of research that will be needed
* information and data requirements
* the need for better coordination between funders.The Document can be downloaded from the web site of the Department of Health (see link).
Page Number: 50
This document is not available electronically on the COHRED website. Please contact COHRED for a print-copy.