Supporting countries to build systems that focus on research for health and innovation to achieve equity and national development
COHRED is an international non-governmental organization whose primary objective is to strengthen research for health and innovation systems, with a focus on low- and middle-income countries. COHRED supports countries to use research for health and innovation to:
- Improve health and reduce health inequities
- Improve health sector performance and accountability
- Encourage donor alignment and harmonisation
- Link research for health with science, technology and innovation
- Generate economic and social prosperity
Founded in 1993, COHRED merged with the Global Forum for Health Research in 2010. The organization is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, and has offices in several other countries.