About COHRED Africa
COHRED Africa Launch Programme
Mission: Optimizing research and innovation systems for health in Africa
COHRED Africa is a Unit within COHRED that strives to ensure that every African country has a well developed and sustainable research and innovation system for health in place, by providing technical support and services to strengthen such systems. COHRED Africa is composed of staff located in Botswana and South Africa.
COHRED Africa provides technical support services to assist African countries to develop sustainable research and innovation systems for health, including:
- Developing and strengthening national research ethics review and drug regulatory capacity;
- Providing information management solutions through web-basedcutting-edge technologies;
- Priority setting to provide stakeholder input into the establishment of research agendas;
- Fair research contracting to enable fair funding opportunities for southern institutions; and
- Other technical support areas for the overall strengthening of research and innovation systems for health.
CORHED Africa activities
Health Research Web (linked to https://www.healthresearchweb.org/)
Research Ethics Training (linked to http://africa.cohred.org/what-we-do/research-ethics-training)
Launch of the COHRED Africa office
A high-level event in Gaborone, Botswana, on 6th November 2014, will celebrate the launch of the Africa office of the Council on health research for Development (COHRED). It will provide an opportunity to discuss the role and strategic vision of the COHRED Africa programme as well as explore possibilities for synergies with other initiatives in Africa.
The high-level event expects to welcome approximately 50 high profile delegates, African and global representatives, major research founders, scientists, industry representatives and other experts in the research and innovation for Health. The event will take place at the Phakalane Golf Estate Hotel in Gaborone.
Participation is by invitation only.