The relationship between disease burden and research production in low-income countries
Description: A workshop to mobilise resources to support the first Uganda ENHR Plan was held early in 1994. It was hosted by the Ministry of Health and the Uganda national Council for Science and Technology. Participants were from ministries, research institutions, NGOs and donor agencies. Workshop activities included:
* visiting two communities involved in ENHR activities
* discussing research priorities and research capacity strengthening
The major recommendations were:
* research findings should be linked to policy and action
* a health research secretariat should be created
* develop and strengthen capacity to carry out ENHR at the district level
The external partners were impressed by the efforts in implementing the ENHR plan, particularly community ENHR activities and recommended wide distribution of the plan to many potential donors for support.
This document is not available electronically on the COHRED website. Please contact COHRED for a print-copy.